Formalized in 2015 from the earlier Working Group, Commission B.3 of the International Astronomical Union is devoted to promoting the use of modern computational and statistical techniques in astronomical research.
- IAU Commission B3 Web site
- Includes the 2015-18 triennial report.
- 2012-15 Working Group
- During 2012-15, the IAU Working Group in Astrostatistics and Astroinformatics organized three conferences and promoted methodology within the International Astronomical Union
- IAU Working Group on Time Domain Astronomy
- The IAU WGTDA was inaugurated in 2015 to coordinate international interest on the many varied research activities concerning variable celestial objects: variable and binary stars, exoplanets, accreting bodies such as X-ray binaries and quasars, supernovae, and so forth. Multi-epoch surveys at radio, visible and high energy wavebands are involved.