Organization Web sites
This section of the ASAIP Web site will provide links and resources to organizations devoted to the advancement of statistical and computational methodology for astronomical research. It is intended to promulgate the organizations’ work and assist in cross-fertilization between various organizations and interested individuals. Please click on the organizations on the left-hand panel here.
- The broadest organizations are those associated with international societies:
- International Astrostatistics Association (IAA)
- Special Interest Group in Astrostatistics within the International Statistical Institute (ISI)
- Commission on Astroinformatics and Astrostatistics within the International Astronomical Union (IAU)
- the Astrominer Task Force of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Computational Intelligence Society (IEEE-CIS).
- Two important U.S. national organizations also use this portion of the ASAIP Web site: the Working Group in Astroinformatics and Astrostatistics within the American Astronomical Society (AAS), and the Interest Group in Astrostatistics within the American Statistical Association (ASA).
- One project-level organization is using this Web site: the Informatics and Statistics Science Collaboration of the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST) now under construction.
- A brief paper announcing the existence of four of these organizations is available (Feigelson et al. 2013 in ADASS XXII proceedings).