At present, this page presents an annotated list of books on statistical and computational methodology directly oriented towards astronomy. In the future, selected textbooks and monographs in more general methodology will be added.
- Methodology books for astronomy
- Textbooks, monographs, and conference proceedings for (and often by) astronomers and physicists on statistical and computational methods for data analysis. Please send additional listings to the ASAIP Editors.
- Selected books in statistics
- Dozens of texts and monographs are published in statistics each year. Here we list selected volumes that may be of particular interest to astronomers. ASAIP members are encouraged to email the Editors with suggestions.
- Selected books in informatics
- Many volumes appear on practical methods in computation, data mining, and related topics. Sample entries follow below. The ASAIP Editors are seeking a volunteer among ASAIP members to draft this list.